Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Girlfriends in God

This past couple of months I have been seeking reprieve from some issues/situations in my life that I want so bad to just run away from. I've talked to God... pleaded.. gotten angry.... with myself and with feeling like I was not being heard. The last couple of weeks I have felt forgotten, if I can be so bold. So first He sends a girlfriend with a gift and she says it's a "just because" gift. Did I see God's work in my dear friend? Nope...too busy feeling sorry for myself. Then He sends a card in the mail that touched me greatly and someone willing to help me in my times of need. I was greatful... but still feeling too"woe is me" to see God's hand. Sunday a friend comes to the door with another gift. It is a picture she has taken and attached to it the verse... Whatever things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, of any virtue, and everything that is praiseworthy meditate on these things!.. I shed tears and feel touched by my friends gift. But still no one begins to understand the pain "I" am in. Last night as I am doing laundry, my daughter brings down the cutest little package.. Yet another gift from a friend for no reason at all. It's a little book of prayers by Stormie Omartian with room for your own prayers for your children. Thank you Jesus. So you think by now I would be seeing that all of these acts of kindness weren't random but were God sent... it took one more day and one more letter to finally bring me to my knees with gratitue for the God who sends friends to remind me that "He has not forsaken us". Today my letter was from a sister in Christ I had met some time ago and then a year ago at a teens retreat we were blessed with time together again. Her note stated that God had brought me to her mind on many ocassions this past year and wanted me to know she had and was praying for me. She chose this moment.. this week... this day to write her words of encouragement. I am reminded of the childrens song.. God is big.. God is big. God is very very very very big. Dear heavenly Father, please forgive me for taking my eyes off of you and on the pain I am feeling. May I use this time to praise you in the storms and praise you for sending not one.. but five reminders through "girlfriends in God". Amen....

No comments: