Saturday, November 15, 2008

To Paint or not to paint?!?!



O.K.,,, so here's the thing. I"ve been looking for a tall lamp for quite some time now but just didn't have $100 to throw down for one. My mother in law came over today and so we went to an auction and low and behold... here is my lamp..$8.00 later and now the infamous question. To paint or not to paint? I purchased a black lamp shade and now... what to do? Anyone have any good ideas? The color in the wood is pretty but I know there are some ingenious junque bloggers out there that know exactly what I should do. I thought of painting it silver with a black stain over it and then put faux silver tiger spots on the lamp. What do you think?

1 comment:

decorator to the stars said...

hi, thanks for joining my blog, when you get to know me, you'll find that my motto is "if it's not moving, paint it white"! white goes with every color & decor, so there's no question that it'll fit right in :)